Thursday, June 14, 2012

Austin and God

Several months ago when we first found out my brother and his wife were expecting their first child, we were all talking about what the baby might be: boy or girl.  Austin said very matter of fact, "its a boy."  I questioned him a little by asking "so you want it to  be a boy?" He said "no, it is a boy."  I said well honey what makes you think that?   He said, "God told me."  Simple and clear.  Several months later I wasn't surprised when we found out they were in deed having a boy.  

Last week Austin hit God up for another favor.  We were saying our prayer before dinner and Austin adds in "God, please bring Mary Katherine to karate and let her do karate with me." Mary Katherine is one of his favorite little friends at school.  Today when we arrive at karate, there is Mary Katherine all dressed up in her Lil' Ninja gear.  She is going to start doing karate! Austin acted very shy but he was thrilled to have her there!  

Well lucky us, we got the hormone surge this morning and go in for the insemination first thing in the morning! 
That smiley face was a welcome change from all the empty circles I was getting! I was starting to get nervous.  

Today Austin had made a wish and wrote it down...
Notice that & in there?  Not a brother OR sister but a brother AND sister!  This is one time I hope Austin and God disagree on what is best for us, lol.  We could handle twins, just not sure I could do it with my sanity still in tact.  And I'm pretty sure Blake would permanently move into his man cave.  

Please say extra prayers for us tomorrow!  We should know something, one way or the other, in early July!

No comments:

Post a Comment