Sunday, May 12, 2013

DIY Farmhouse Table and Chairs

The table project isn't exactly recent but it is one I'm very proud of! And it wasn't even my project :) Thank you to my wonderful husband for making this one happen!!

When we found out in 9 short months our family was growing from 3 to 5, I knew this was the perfect time for a new, large dining room table. Never mind the fact that we didn't have an extra thousand $ (or more!). I'm thrifty so I started looking on the online yard sale sites, Facebook and Craigslist. Nothing was jumping out at me.

Enter Pinterest and the DIY table!! I absolutely fell in live with the farmhouse table idea as it fit in with our casual yet cozy decor. After lots of research and very little begging, Blake agreed to make me a table. He used cheapo wood from Home Depot and lots and lots and lots of manual labor to sand it smooth but the finished product is exactly what I wanted!!


The chairs were a lucky find from Craigslist. We kept the 4 chairs from our existing table and bought 6 more in a similar style. Add some fun fabric and a few staples and poof-our finished dining room!! Couldn't be happier with the finished product and I love that we can have up to 10 people comfortably seated for Christmas breakfast :)  



Not bad for a total budget of about $300!


No comments:

Post a Comment