Sunday, May 12, 2013

Craft Projects

Again, thank you Pinterest and Etsy for inspiring a couple of the craft projects in baby Claire's nursery!! Seriously, what did people do BP (before Pinterest??) :)

I couldn't find a bedding set that was exactly what I was looking for so I opted for neutral bedding and mix matched fabrics and prints. My dear friend Veronica surprised us with custom nursery accessories and I'm so excited to get them in the room.

The fabric covered canvas was an easy project but I love the way it looks above the changing table. I have to give a shout out to Holly for helping me pick out the fabric. Without her keen eye, I would not have been brave enough to mix and match the bold prints but I do LOVE how it all came together.





 
 The peacock painting is probably my favorite! I should be ashamed to admit that it's a complete copycat of a wonderful print my bestie Marion purchased off etsy. But I'm not.

Original from Etsy
My copycat
The curtains I tried to make were a disaster. I should have learned in 8th grade home ec that I should never, ever come near a sewing machine. I'm sorry, Mrs Haney. I've now learned my lesson. But not before I attempted to make curtains. Fortunately for me, I have a great friend who bailed me out and made (or is making) real curtains for little Claire! This same friend, the amazing Kim Whitten, made basket liners for me too. Thank you Kim!!

 Lastly, is the crate bookshelf my hubs made for the nursery. He did yet another amazing job implementing my Pinterest project. As I'm writing this blog I'm realizing that the only real part I played in many of my projects was finding them, lol. I completely rely on others to execute them. Hmm. I promise to ponder what that says about me. Later.
























No comments:

Post a Comment