Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day in Plano

We spent a long Memorial Day weekend in Plano with my wonderful in-laws!  As usual, we had a BLAST!!  I was able to talk Blake into leaving Thursday night after karate rather than waiting until Friday morning.  I always prefer to to travel in the middle of the night because there is less traffic and it gives us another full day at our destination.  

We stopped at Sonic for dinner on our way out of town.  

And this is my GIANT coffee!  It was super yummy and helped me drive the first leg of the trip.  I made it just over halfway.  But I was cranky.  Poor hubby.  Austin slept most of the way but did end up having a night terror.  It was awful but we finally got him awake and settled back for the night.  
Our first day was not planned so we did my favorite activity ever...pool day!!

 My hubs is such a dork!  :)
Day 2 was a bit more eventful.  We went to the Dallas Zoo with Lili, Poppy, Uncle Alec, his girlfriend Lenore, Cici and her niece and nephew Natalie (5) and AJ (3).  It was so much fun!  

First we stopped at Poor Richard's for breakfast!  Blake ordered the most monster omelet I've ever seen:  bacon cheeseburger with home fries AND onion rings.  I'm pretty sure he finished it. 
Austin and I giving the spiderman hand sign???
You will just have to take my word that the zoo was fun!  I haven't uploaded those pictures yet.  I will do a separate blog post just for the zoo trip.  

After the zoo we stopped at Rockfish for dinner.  This was my first time at a rockfish but I can't wait to go again!  Super yummy and their shrimp appetizer tasted just like my favorite Bang Bang Shrimp from Bonefish!  

Henry enjoyed dinner too.  Especially his "adult beverage."  I like Henry.  
The drink special was half-priced wine bottles.  Why order a glass when you can get a bottle??

I love Texas.  You can brown bag your leftover alcohol!  How cool??
Day 3 was another fun day filled with family, food and sunshine!  Gran gran and gran mimi came over and we had way too much food and spent the day by the pool.  That is one of Austin's favorite activities at Lili and Poppy's!  Being the good sport that I am, I stayed out by the pool with him ;)
On our last day we had a yummy brunch with the fam before we started our trek home.  When we were making fruit salad we found a genetically mutated strawberry.  Hmmmm...
We had a safe and uneventful drive back to Arkansas and can't wait to see the Texas Cannon's again in July! 

No comments:

Post a Comment