Friday, May 11, 2012

Mother's Day

Things I didn't know before I became a mother:

1. How rare and precious 2 minutes alone in the bathroom could be.

2. The importance of a pocketful of rocks to a little boy.

3. Why my mother said things like because I said so; don't eat that; wash your hands and one, two, two and a half...

4. What the phrase "pick your battles" truly means.

5. Why restaurants give children crayons with a paper menu or ban children completely.

6. Immortality and the fear of death.

7. You can never successfully hide a cookie.

8. How french fries and ketchup can be considered a vegetable.

9. Fish sticks. And chicken nuggets.

10. Why Kleenex were invented when there are perfectly good shirt sleeves and pants already. (ok this one is a question I have since I became a mother.)

11. The reason Legos should be outlawed or require a tetanus shot.

12. The importance of coffee and/or wine in a mother's day.

13. The fun of finger paint and sidewalk chalk.

14. The meaning of mother's day.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaaa... I came her from Kim's blog and I love your 'mother's day meanings'... especially the coffee/wine 'rule'... My son moved out now (he's almost 20, eeekk!) but I do remember him collecting benches, the lego, two-and-a-half and cookies... yep, it's the same all over the world! Warm greetings from the Netherlands!

    ReplyDelete